Allegheny County Airport Authority Charitable Foundation Scholarship Fund
The Allegheny County Airport Authority Charitable Foundation Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships for students wishing to pursue a career in aviation. One or more scholarships may be awarded, up to a total of $5,000. Scholarship may be renewable annually subject to board approval and subject to students maintaining the course of study and GPA. Scholarship can be used for tuition, fees and course-related expenses, such as: books, supplies and equipment that are required for the courses at the educational institution.
Average Award $5,000
- Reside in Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Washington, or Westmoreland County.
- Pursue a degree or studies in a degree or studies in aviation sciences.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, or have shown great progress in the junior and senior years.
- Plan to attend an accredited institution.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have served or are currently serving in the United States military.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of recommendation: one from a teacher of a major subject (English, Math, Science, History), and one from someone who knows you well (teacher, coach, religious leaders, Boy/Girl Scout troop leader, or employer) and can speak to your general ability.
- Submit your unofficial high school and/or college transcripts.
The Pittsburgh Foundation: Jennifer Marino, Scholarship Coordinator - marinoj [at] pghfdn.org