Miklos Family Trust Fund #1 The Miklos Family Trust Fund #1 was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to fulfill a long-time wish of, and create a perpetual memorial to, Michael V. Miklos, M.D. He was a dedicated Neurosurgeon who established a one-man Department of Neurosurgery at McKeesport Hospital because he felt that his little home town was in need of a Neurosurgeon. Because he was a "one-man department" he was always available to his patients, whatever hour of the day or night. Scholarships are for persons in need of financial help to continue their education for their third or fourth year at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
Average Award $5,000
- Attend the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Have completed the first two years of medical school.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Be willing to meet with the scholarship committee, if Inquire in ed.
- Preference will be given to a candidate who is a long-term resident/native of Western Pennsylvania.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your unofficial high school and/or college transcripts.