Pittsburgh Women in Communications Scholarship Fund The Pittsburgh Women in Communications Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide assistance to outstanding students studying various fields of communications.
Not less than $500
- Attend a four-year college or university as a junior or senior or, a sophomore at a school offering a degree in a communications-related field, or a post-graduate student, as of the fall the scholarship is awarded. Applicants may be full- or part-time students and must attend an institution in Pennsylvania.
- Reside in Allegheny County, Armstrong County, Beaver County, Butler County, Fayette County, Indiana County, Lawrence County, Mercer County, Washington County, or Westmoreland County in Pennsylvania.
- Pursue a degree or studies in communications including but not limited to advertising, journalism, marketing, public relations, graphic design, television, radio, film, photography or multimedia.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of recommendation from academic or professional references attesting to your communications experience.
- Submit a resume in the format as it would be presented to an employer (including internships, awards, publications, community activities and memberships in social or academic associations) AND one sample of work that shows applicant's ability in chosen field.