Position Status: Part-Time, Temporary, Non- Exempt
This three to six-month position has administrative responsibility for the flow of information relating to Advancing Black Arts in Pittsburgh, a shared grants program of The Pittsburgh Foundation and The Heinz Endowments. The position is responsible for ensuring that all information relating to grants at every stage of the process – from inquiry to final report – is entered and maintained in the database system with the highest degree of accuracy and timeliness and that all information is entered in compliance with department policies and procedures. The administrative assistant is also responsible for working with the program officers and grants management staff to coordinate the application and selection process, plan events and activities, and to prepare materials for meetings in a manner that guarantees that all such materials are accurate and are produced in a manner that is timely and in full compliance with department policies and procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enter data, update and monitor progress of grant proposals through the system from inquiry phase to final report including tracking each proposal and remaining in close contact with applicants and grantees to assure that all requirements and deadlines are met.
- Develop, organize and maintain grants files to support electronic records.
- Coordinate workflow of information from program officers and senior management staff as part of the preparation of materials for the monthly program meetings.
- Proofread materials for accuracy and correct punctuation, spelling, grammar and formatting.
- Be familiar with all Pittsburgh Foundation policies and procedures relating to current distribution fund grantmaking and create and/or update operating procedures for these processes to increase efficiency.
- Maintain accurate and consistent records for current distribution funds.
- Assist with panel selections and processes.
- Assist with notetaking at meetings and panel discussions.
- Assist with planning and workflow at convenings, meetings, events and community discussions.
- Schedule and coordinate grant selection panels and meetings related to the convening function of the program.
- Schedule appointments and travel for program officers, screen and greet visitors.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to carry out the overall mission of The Pittsburgh Foundation and the Advancing Black Arts in Pittsburgh grant program.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related applications.
- Strong technical proficiency and the ability to quickly learn to function with the Blackbaud Suite of products.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- High level of organizational skills and ability to multitask and to work under pressure. High sense of integrity, confidentiality, honesty and ethics.
- Cultural competence and a commitment to racial equity.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Two years of administrative secretarial experience preferably in the nonprofit or civic sector.
- Two years of work in the Pittsburgh arts and culture sector as either an artist or an administrator.
- Well-developed sense of humor, intellectual curiosity and a commitment to work-life balance.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Jobs [at] pghfdn.org. No phone calls please.
THE PITTSBURGH FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.