Position Status: Full-Time/Non- Exempt
The administrative support assistant supports a wide variety of administrative functions including answering phones, greeting/referring/assisting visitors, the preparation of documents and reports, scheduling meetings, organizing and maintaining information, coordinating calendars and providing general office support for the executive office staff.
The position will be on the frontline of the organization relative to coordinating and documenting the various relationships managed and established by the department. This person will be working closely with the members of the executive office to schedule appointments and coordinate travel as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support for the executive office which includes the chief of staff; director, strategic projects and foundation initiatives; vice president human resources; and vice president, policy and community impact. This includes but is not limited to scheduling meetings, coordinating calendars and sending emails and correspondence.
- Assist the executive office leadership with material prep, meeting set-up and greeting visitors as needed.
- Keep inventory of supplies and restock as needed (identify, order and put away). This includes both workrooms, both kitchens, conference rooms and individual staff requests.
- Schedule maintenance and/or repairs of kitchen appliances.
- Act as building liaison for day-to-day maintenance requests (i.e. hanging pictures, requesting supplies for restrooms, lights out, etc.). This should not include emergency contact for property management.
- Point person for building safety team, including recruiting staff members to participate as fire marshals, coordinate (with property management personnel) fire and evacuation drills.
- Maintain calendar for front desk back-up coverage when out of the office.
- Take the mail to the first floor for pick-up and open and distribute office mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Answers phone calls, schedules meetings and supports visitors.
- Answer the main phone line.
- Greet visitors.
- Open and distribute office mail, when the office is operating in a remote capacity, this function will be performed in the office at least three days per week.
- Maintain visitors list for parking and security.
- Handle parking validations.
- Prepare a monthly parking validation report for accounts payable.
- Maintain the conference rooms on the second floor.
- Distribute incoming faxes.
- Maintain overnight log for FedEx, UPS and messenger log.
- Keep the second-floor kitchen stocked with supplies and clean (load/start dishwasher) at the end of each day.
- Assist special assistant to the president with meetings when necessary.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Commitment to the foundation’s values of collaboration, trust, racial justice, community and accountability.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail and mail.
- Excellent customer service approach, able to communicate in a tactful, pleasant and professional manner.
- Able to deal with, and adapt to, complexities related to varying agendas, priorities, personalities, etc.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside vendors.
- Sensitivity to confidential information and matters is required.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous administrative experience.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks for different staff members.
- Superior organizational skills and proven ability to successfully manage multiple deadlines, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Proactive, problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently in a reliable manner, with minimal supervision.