Start date/End Date: Jan. 7 to June 30, 2019
Position Status: Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Exempt
The HR Internship position will expose the student to hands on experience in the Human Resources Department. Under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager, this individual will assist with various tasks and assignments, and be involved in several projects throughout the internship specifically related to HR administrative function including: talent acquisition process, new hire orientation, benefits administration, workplace safety, training and development., labor relations, and employee engagement.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in pursuing a career in human resources in the nonprofit sector and has an interest in the operational functions of a large foundation to gain understanding and prospective on administrative procedure, legal and human resources compliance, and the work of The Pittsburgh Foundation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research, collect data, analyze and develop recommendations for potential strategies and tactics to address issues related to Human Resources and the key business priorities and performance standards;
- Partner with HR Manager to complete the New Hire Orientation/Onboarding process (i.e. ensuring new employees complete required forms, explaining company policies and benefits, etc.);
- Participate in the planning and execution of the 2019 employee health and wellness events, and disseminate information pertaining to health and wellness programs;
- Maintains personnel and benefit files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Provides assistance with open enrollment and year end processes
- Assist the HR Manager in developing, planning, coordinating training events for staff
- Assist in posting, pre-screen and schedule interviews for foundation and supporting orgs
- Ensure the foundation intranet stays up-to date relevant HR information
- Handle confidential information with sensitivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Skills and Experience
- Currently enrolled in school as a second year (or above) undergraduate in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or a related field
- Strong communication, written and verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, self-directed and reliable.
- High sense of integrity, honesty and ethics.
- Flexible, responsive, and collaborative work style with a strong service mentality.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word and Excel.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to jobs [at] pghfdn.org. No phone calls please.
THE PITTSBURGH FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
About The Foundation
Established in 1945, The Pittsburgh Foundation is one of the nation’s oldest community foundations and is the 14th largest of more than 750 community foundations across the United States. As a community foundation, our resources comprise endowment funds established by individuals, businesses and organizations with a passion for charitable giving and a deep commitment to the Pittsburgh community. The Foundation has approximately 2,000 individual donor funds and, together with its supporting organizations, assets of over $1.2 billion. Grantmaking from the funds benefits a broad spectrum of community life within Pittsburgh and beyond with over 2,000 grantees receiving funding annually. The Foundation typically awards grants of more than $40 million each year. Grantmaking from the Foundation’s discretionary funds leverages a broad range of resources and enables the Foundation to be an important change agent for the region. Approximately 85% of all grantmaking dollars stay within the Pittsburgh region.