The human resources specialist will provide human resources support by working together with the human resources manager, Pittsburgh Foundation and supporting organization staffs. Candidate should have a strong background in payroll on a leading automated system. Other human resources duties will include assisting the human resources manager in employee relations, recruiting, benefits, leave of absences, workers comp, etc.
The human resources specialist will have strong customer service skills, ensuring accuracy and timeliness in all employee interactions. You should be a proactive communicator, with strong organizational and execution skills, attention to detail, and someone who can successfully balance competing demands and priorities and be solution focused. Maintain professionalism in all circumstances and communicates with all levels of employees throughout the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
PAYROLL AND BENEFITS
- Completes monthly payroll processing.
- Work with accounting specialist to complete payroll journal entries.
- Assists in benefits administration.
- Helps with annual open enrollment and year-end processes.
- Maintains personnel and benefit files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Participate in and provide support to the Foundation’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee.
- Assists with development/content, materials, and miscellaneous documents for organizational development.
- Works with the human resources manager in developing, planning and coordinating training events for staff.
NEW HIRE AND ORIENTATION
- Assist in new hire onboarding and orientation process.
- Assist in posting, pre-screen and scheduling interviews for foundation and supporting organizations.
- Ensure the foundation intranet stays up-to date relevant human resources information.
- Become knowledgeable in human resources policies and procedures.
- Work with human resources manager on special projects.
- Handle confidential information with sensitivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Skills and Experience
- BS or BA degree in human resources or business is preferred.
- Prior ADP payroll and HRIS experience, preferably WorkforceNow.
- Must have experience running payroll with knowledge of deductions, taxed and pre-taxed benefits, PTO, federal and state taxes, ability to run payroll reports and strong computer skills (excel) for complex computerized payroll system usage.
- Cultural competence and a commitment to racial equity.
- A high level of professionalism and the ability to work collegially with staff across departments.
- Requires excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.Results oriented with skills in project management, organization, planning and attention to details.
- Proactive, self-directed and reliable.
- High sense of integrity, confidentiality, honesty and ethics.
- Flexible, responsive and collaborative work style with a strong service mentality.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word and Excel.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to jobs [at] pghfdn.org. No phone calls please.
THE PITTSBURGH FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.