Reports to: Director of Investments
Position Status: Full-Time, Non- Exempt, Permanent
Location: On-Site/Hybrid (3 days in office)
Hiring Salary Range: $44,000-49,600
The investment and finance operations associate is responsible for the day-to-day support operations of the Investment and Finance team. The position will be exposed to all facets of the investment process of the Foundation as well as the additional accounting and grant making operations of the organization. The position will be on the frontline of the organization relative to coordinating and documenting the various relationships managed and established by the department. This person will be working closely with the members of the Investment team to schedule appointments, manage the data of the $1 billion in invested assets. This position is an entry-level position with the potential and expectation for advancement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investment database maintenance, including cost-basis management, transaction entry, data feed setup and valuation updates.
- Maintain and update contact relationship management (CRM) database.
- Scheduling and preparation for investment- and finance-related meetings, including the following Board committees: Finance, Audit, Investment and Retirement.
- Capital call preparation and administration.
- Investment document preparation and file management for both direct investment relationships and third-party relationships.
- Shared departmental duties between the Investment and Fin/Ops department.
- Investment- and finance-related filing and support.
- Administrative support for the Investment and Finance functions, including mail review and distribution.
- Communication and coordination with investment partners.
- Research and report preparation for annual Third-Party Investment Manager meetings.
- Audit support preparation and documentation.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Commitment to the Foundation’s values of accountability, collaboration, community, racial justice and trust.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexible, responsive and collaborative work style with a strong service mentality.
- Understanding of asset management and accounting concepts, including cost basis verses market value and investment reporting.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and proficiency with Excel.
- Experience with data reporting and analysis.
- A passion for the institutional stewardship of community focused assets.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Finance or similar undergraduate degree preferred or combination of experience/education in lieu of degree.
- Experience working in a support role within an investment office, either for an institution or an investment advisory firm is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of investment industry terms and operations.
- Experience with investment or financial data systems preferred.
Interested candidates should submit an online application with resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
THE PITTSBURGH FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.