Position Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
The Investment and Finance Operations Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day support operations of the Investment and Finance team. The position will be exposed to all facets of the investment process of the foundation as well as the additional accounting and grant-making operations of the organization. The position will be on the frontline of the organization relative to coordinating and documenting the various relationships managed and established by the department. This person will be working closely with the members of the Investment Office to schedule appointments, coordinate travel and manage the data of the one billion dollars in invested assets.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Investment database maintenance, including cost-basis management, transaction entry, data feed setup and valuation updates.
- Maintain and update Contact Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Scheduling and preparation for investment and finance related meetings, including the following board committees: Finance, Audit, Investment and Retirement.
- Capital call preparation.
- Investment document preparation and file management for both direct investment relationships and third-party relationships.
- Shared departmental duties, including fund statement mailings and postage management.
- Fund file preparation.
- Finance and Investment Department receptionist, including shared front desk backup.
- Communication and coordination with investment partners.
- Research and report preparation for annual Third-Party Investment Manager meetings.
- Audit support preparation and documentation.
- Special projects as assigned.
Key Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexible, responsive, and collaborative work style with a strong service mentality.
- Understanding of asset management and accounting concepts, including cost basis vs market value and investment reporting.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and proficiency with Excel.
- Experience with data reporting and analysis.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience working in a support role within an investment office required, either for an institution or an investment advisory firm.
- Demonstrated knowledge of investment industry terms and operations.
- Experience with investment or financial data systems preferred.
- A passion for the institutional stewardship of community focused assets.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to jobs [at] pghfdn.org. No phone calls please.
THE PITTSBURGH FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
About The Foundation
Established in 1945, The Pittsburgh Foundation is one of the nation’s oldest community foundations and is the 14th largest of more than 750 community foundations across the United States. As a community foundation, our resources comprise endowment funds established by individuals, businesses and organizations with a passion for charitable giving and a deep commitment to the Pittsburgh community. The Foundation has more than 2,200 individual donor funds and, together with its supporting organizations, assets of over $1.2 billion. Grantmaking from the funds benefits a broad spectrum of community life within Pittsburgh and beyond with over 2,000 grantees receiving funding annually. The Foundation typically awards grants of more than $40 million each year. Grantmaking from the Foundation’s discretionary funds leverages a broad range of resources and enables the Foundation to be an important change agent for the region. Approximately 85% of all grantmaking dollars stay within the Pittsburgh region.