Pat Kelly Memorial Scholarship Fund The Pat Kelly Memorial Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to award college scholarships for graduating student-athletes at Penn-Trafford Senior High School. This scholarship honors Pat Kelly who was an educator for 40 years in the Penn-Trafford School District. Throughout his entire teaching career, he also served as a football coach or athletic director. A graduate of the district himself, he was the school’s first Head Football Coach following the merger that created Penn-Trafford. During his tenure as a coach and athletic director, he helped many students earn opportunities to attend college and to continue pursuing their athletic interests. As a respected athletic director, he was instrumental in developing the district’s athletic programs and facilities. Continuing to work in Penn-Trafford athletics even after his retirement, he dedicated nearly 55 years to Penn-Trafford and the athletic program, educating and developing student athletes.
Average Award $1,500
Deadline: Inquire in the school's Guidance Office.
- Attend Penn-Trafford High School as a graduating senior.
- Have athletic partiicpation as well as activites and honors participation.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be involved in community service.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your unofficial high school and/or college transcripts.