Ryan W. Crow Memorial Basketball Scholarship Fund The Ryan W. Crow Memorial Basketball Scholarship Fund was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation in memory of Ryan W. Crow of Hookstown (Greene Township) PA. Ryan died from brain cancer on April 19, 1997 at the age of 14. An 8th grade student at South Side Middle School, Ryan was athletically and academically gifted. This scholarship is for an exceptional scholar-basketball player from South Side High School in Beaver County. "STAY FOCUSED"
Average Award: $800
Award Type: Single-Year Award
- Attend South Side Area Senior High School in PA as a graduating senior.
- Have a special talent/interest in basketball.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be involved some type of community service, preferably involving other and/or younger children and within the South Side community.
- Preference will be given to applicants who possess high moral character/integrity, which is displayed in extraordinary self-discipline and/or motivation towards goals larger than the self.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit two letters of reference from individuals unrelated to you that live and/or work in the South Side community.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.