John Q. and Carol S. Stranahan Scholarship The John Q. and Carol S. Stranahan Scholarship was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships for Western Pennsylvania students attending The College of Wooster.
Average Award: Varies Over 4 Years
Award Type: Multi-Year Award (up to 4 years). Recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Deadline: Inquire in the school's Financial Aid Office.
- Attend a graduating high school senior.
- Reside in Allegheny County, Armstrong County, Beaver County, Bedford County, Blair County, Butler County, Cambria County, Cameron County, Clarion County, Clearfield County, Crawford County, Elk County, Erie County, Fayette County, Forest County, Greene County, Indiana County, Jefferson County, Lawrence County, McKean County, Mercer County, Somerset County, Venango County, Warren County, Washington County, Westmoreland County of Pennsylvania.
- Have shown participation in athletics and community service.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Plan to attend The College of Wooster as an incoming freshman.
How to Apply
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.