Position Status: Full-Time, Non- Exempt
Salary Range: $37,000 - $45,000
The Staff Accountant is responsible for various day-to-day accounting functions within the Finance and Investment team that supports financial reporting for the Foundation. The position will be exposed to many facets of the Foundation and its supporting organizations through back-office support of fundraising, investing and operations. The expectation is that the individual will coordinate with staff from other departments across the Foundation and its supporting organizations as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly invoices for amounts due from supporting organizations.
- Reconcile cash accounts for supporting organizations.
- Prepare designated monthly reports and quarterly reconciliations for the Foundation and supporting organizations.
- Assist in calculation of spending policies and annual budgets for supporting organizations.
- Record applicable earnings allocations to the general ledger.
- Assist in the recording of donations received via check, credit card, traded securities and other non-cash gifts as needed.
- Prepare accounting journal entries as needed.
- Assist in special projects as assigned.
Key Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Commitment to the Foundation’s values of collaboration, trust, racial justice, community and accountability.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, responsive and collaborative work style with a strong service mentality.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all donor and vendor data.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit industry terms and operations.
- Experience with gift processing preferred.
- Experience with Blackbaud products (e.g. Raisers Edge and Financial Edge) preferred.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to jobs [at] pghfdn.org by July 31, 2021.
No phone calls please.
THE PITTSBURGH FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION.