Position Status: Full-Time, Non- Exempt
The Staff Accountant is responsible for various day-to-day accounting functions within the Finance and Investment team. The position will be exposed to many facets of the Foundation and it’s supporting organizations through back office support of fund raising, investing, and operations. The expectation is that the individual will coordinate with staff in other job functions including Development, Donor Services, Program, Investments and Human Resources.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Deposit and record daily, all donations received via check, credit card, traded securities and other non-cash gifts.
- Research and document values of traded securities and non-cash gifts.
- Work closely with the Funds Manager to maintain and record all planned gifts.
- Reconcile cash and investment accounts monthly.
- Record applicable earnings allocations to the general ledger.
- Review monthly payroll and benefit detail and post corresponding accounting entries.
- Assist in preparation of annual audit and tax documentation.
- Develop and maintain accounting process documentation specific to position.
- Prepare accounting journal entries as needed.
- Special projects as assigned.
Key Skills and Abilities
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, responsive, and collaborative work style with a strong service mentality.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all employee/employment data.
- High sense of integrity, confidentiality, honesty and ethics.
- Cultural competence and a commitment to racial equity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Requires BS in Accounting or 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of not-for-profit industry terms and operations.
- Familiarity with payroll and benefit accounting standards.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge preferred.
- A passion for the institutional stewardship of community-focused assets.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to jobs [at] pghfdn.org.
No phone calls please.
THE PITTSBURGH FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION.