Position Status: Full-Time, Non- Exempt
Location: Hybrid, in office at least 3 days per week
Salary Range: $46,500-$51,000
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for various day-to-day accounting functions within the Finance and Operations team. The position will be exposed to many facets of The Pittsburgh Foundation and it’s supporting organizations through back-office support of fund raising, investing, and operations. The individual will primarily focus on the accounting for gifts received by the Foundation and will be expected to coordinate with staff in other job functions including Development and Donor Services, Investments and Human Resources.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deposit and record all donations and miscellaneous receipts received via check, direct deposit, credit card, traded securities and other non-cash gifts in accordance with U.S. GAAP and the Foundation’s policies.
- Research and assess values of traded securities and non-cash gifts prior to recording.
- Work closely with the funds manager to properly account for all planned gifts.
- Work with the funds manager and the Investments team to update accounting records for changes in key fund attributes.
- Monitor and reconcile other accounts receivable activity and record journal entries as needed.
- Prepare monthly journal entries including investment earnings allocations, payroll and benefit expense accruals, and other adjustments as needed.
- Assist in preparation of annual audit and tax documentation.
- Develop and maintain accounting process documentation specific to position.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and queries as needed.
- Assist with resolving accounting issues related to receipts, and other special projects as assigned.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Commitment to the Foundation’s values of accountability, collaboration, community, racial justice and trust.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, responsive and collaborative work style with a strong service mentality.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all donor, vendor and employee data.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or 2-4 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit industry terms and operations.
- Experience with gift processing preferred.
- Familiarity with payroll and benefit accounting standards.
- Experience with Blackbaud products (e.g., Raisers Edge and Financial Edge) preferred.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to jobs [at] pghfdn.org by July 15, 2022. No phone calls please.
THE PITTSBURGH FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION.