Jacob Snively Memorial Scholarship Fund The Jacob Snively Memorial Scholarship Fund at The Pittsburgh Foundation to honor the memory of Jacob and his enjoyment of life. Jacob was 12 when he died in a car accident on the way to a weekend Boy Scout camping event on February 27, 2009. A sixth-grader at Avonworth Middle School, he was artistic and had a great sense of humor. He enjoyed drawing, writing, and playing the guitar. This scholarship will be awarded to a senior from Avonworth High School who shares Jacob's interests in the arts.
Average Award $2,000
- Attend Avonworth High School as a graduating senior.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Plan to attend a 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be someone with an appreciation of the arts (e.g. visual arts, creative writing, music, dance, etc.). Student is not required to major in an art-related field in his/her undergraduate studies.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit a letter of reference from a teacher or mentor with whom the student has demonstrated his or her artistic interests.
- Submit a sample of your work ,if possible.
- Submit your unofficial high school and/or college transcripts.