Our Purpose: The Pittsburgh Foundation, established in 1945, works to improve the quality of life in the Pittsburgh region by evaluating and addressing community issues, promoting responsible philanthropy and connecting donors to the critical needs of the community.
The values of The Pittsburgh Foundation include:
- Commitment to the public good.
- Accountability to the public.
- Commitment beyond the law.
- Respect for the worth and dignity of individuals.
- Inclusiveness and social justice.
- Respect for pluralism and diversity.
- Transparency, integrity and honesty.
- Responsible stewardship of resources.
- Commitment to excellence and to maintaining the public trust.