Reports to: CFWC Executive Director
Position Status: Full-Time/ Exempt/ Permanent
Location: On-Site/Hybrid 3 days in office
It is expected that the donor services officer works from The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County (CFWC) office in Greensburg, will meet regularly with donors in the community, and will travel to The Pittsburgh Foundation, in downtown Pittsburgh, weekly.
Hiring Salary Range: $60,000- $67,000
The donor services officer is responsible for executing a donor services program to promote interaction with and recognition of fund holders (donors) at all levels and increase donors’ connection to The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County (CFWC) and
commitment to growing their funds. The officer will be responsible for enhancing relationships with donors by gaining in-depth knowledge of their values, interests and financial capabilities; matching their philanthropic efforts with CFWC’s programs; and increasing gifts to new and existing funds. The officer will lead projects to form donor partnerships and create unique donor events and experiences. The officer will work with the Foundation’s donor services team to develop a donor strategy specific to Westmoreland County to increase giving and planned gifts.
The ideal candidate is personable, adept at connecting with donors, able to work independently and highly detail oriented. The officer must be able to keep track of each individual relationship with donors, what their specific needs are and identify opportunities to connect donor interests and needs to the Foundation’s service and partnership opportunities. All interactions with donors must be carefully recorded in the database and the officer must monitor and report on progress towards annual goals and adjust course when needed.
The donor services officer will be familiar with planned giving strategies and will know how to integrate planned gifts into conversations with existing donors. The officer will also provide backup support to the development officer in Westmoreland County. The officer will be an integral part of the CFWC team and will provide general support for all activities associated with the Foundation. This position reports to the executive director of The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County with support provided by the Development and Donor Services (DDS) department at The Pittsburgh Foundation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and execute the current donor relations process, which includes making and coordinating phone calls, meetings, correspondence, site visits, seminars and surveys.
- Work with the executive director and director of donor services to establish annual goals, ensure goals are met through the development of a strong donor services and planned giving strategy, and regularly meet to monitor strategy and progress.
- Ensure any new donor receives an orientation within six months of establishing a fund and any existing donor receives an annual review as necessary.
- Conduct approximately 100 individual donor stewardship visits annually and provide appropriate follow up for these relationships.
- Educate donors on CFWC’s initiatives and connect donors to Program staff when appropriate, such that consideration may be given to expanding donations and growing their funds in alignment with CFWC’s goals as appropriate.
- Provide information to donors, as requested, to ensure that they are making educated grant-making decisions.
- Leverage the standard fund management practices of the Foundation to create agreements that are easily and consistently administered in accordance with the donor’s intent.
- Keep detailed records of donor’s interests, ages, family engagement and potential opportunities for growth.
- Develop, manage and participate in donor events to enhance relationships with donors or potential donors, such as Wish Book, Visionaries and Giving Circles.
- Increase efforts in multi-generational giving to engage families in giving opportunities.
- Maintain a clear understanding of Foundation policies related to all funds.
- Regularly partner and communicate with the Foundation’s DDS team to meet goals, problem solve and innovate and attend weekly DDS staff meetings and the Foundation staff meetings in person.
- Present to prospective donor or advisor groups, when assigned.
- Work with Center for Philanthropy at the Foundation to engage and educate donors.
- Provide back up support to development officer as needed.
- Manage a portfolio of scholarship funds, acting as liaison between donor and the Foundation back-office scholarship team and interface with scholarship constituents, such as high school guidance counselors, in administration of scholarships.
- Responsible for excellent client experience for both donor and committee members, as well as compliance with IRS regulations for scholarships.
- Provide staff support for advisory committees as assigned, represent the Foundation at special events and execute administrative or programmatic tasks as assigned by the executive director.
- Commit to learning the role of community foundations, CFWC processes and programming and engaging in professional development and networking to continue professional growth.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Commitment to the Foundation’s values of accountability, collaboration, community, racial justice and trust.
- Exceptional customer service with an ability to respond and react appropriately and efficiently to service donors, grantees and community leaders.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High levels of accuracy, productivity and initiative are required.
- High degree of professionalism and the ability to work independently and solve problems.
- Understanding of planned giving and how it relates to fund-raising goals and engagement opportunities for donors.
- Experience developing and implementing project plans and executing them across a department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and/or education.
- Requires minimum of five years professional experience in a donor relations or development position.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to establish effective relationships with fund holders.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with development/sales contact systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, work independently and participate fully as a team member.
- Flexibility in meeting changing demands.
- A passion for community involvement and philanthropy, an entrepreneurial spirit, a high level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- Genuine interest in Westmoreland County and a dedication to promoting the Foundation’s mission.
Interested candidates should submit an online application with resume and cover letter by Feb. 11, 2024. No phone calls please.
THE PITTSBURGH FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
Learn more about: