Position Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
The Development and Donor Services (DDS) assistant is a key member of the Development and Donor Services team providing exceptional customer service and clerical skills to professional advisors, donors and the entire DDS team. The ideal candidate is a consummate professional with a strong work ethic, excellent customer service skills and attention to detail. The candidate will have a strong administrative background with deep experience in the Microsoft Office suite, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs administrative and office support activities for the Development and Donor Services department including the preparation of packets and presentations for our Development teams as well as annual philanthropic reviews and new donor orientations for our donor services team.
- Manage, plan and execute all Development and Donor Services events.
- Serve as back up to business process associate on constituent management including updating addresses and constituent management.
- Quarterly cross check of data entry to ensure most updated and complete constituent information.
- Serve as backup to other team members on the administrative team for gift entry, credit card processing and charitable gift card processing.
- Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Fielding and/or routing telephone calls and correspondence.
- Drafting letters and documents, preparing mailings to professional advisors, organizing and sending out large bulk mailings.
- Managing calendars by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences and travel.
- Answering inquiries from donors.
- Has responsibility to support all development and donor services related events at the Foundation including event management, scheduling rooms, ordering food, creating name tags, arranging parking, operating AV/meeting space technology.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Receives and directs visitors and inquiries.
- Prepares expense reports and tracks budget expenses using Concur software.
- Creates spreadsheets.
- Updates presentations.
- Prepares Replicon timesheets for DDS approval.
- Filing, scanning, faxing.
- Constituent entry for new and planned gifts.
- Serve as backup to other members on the administrative team for gift entry process and NetCommunity (Foundation’s constituent-facing online system).
- Work occasionally in the evening.
- Prepares gift and grant acknowledgements as well as memorial/honor gift lists in a timely fashion, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Commitment to the Foundation’s values of collaboration, trust, racial justice, community and accountability.
- Has an inquiring mind and instinctive problem-solving inclination.
- Requires strong computer and internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with professional advisors, such as wealth managers, estate and trust attorneys, accountants or insurance professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience working in an administrative capacity.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail high level of accuracy when entering information into system.
- Work occasionally in the evening.
- Possess ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Works well within a dynamic team environment.
- Flexibility in meeting changing demands.
- Exceptional customer service attitude.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Suite of products, particularly Raisers Edge, is a plus.
- Knowledge of the community’s philanthropic and nonprofit communities is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to jobs [at] pghfdn.org.
No phone calls please.
THE PITTSBURGH FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION.