- If applying as an individual artist, can a component of the application include collaboration with other artists/partners?
Yes. Collaboration can be included as a component of an individual artist application. Include the details of such collaboration in the narrative and the financial specifics in the 'vision for use of funds.'
- If you are a first-time grant applicant, are you able to apply for both the new grant recipient grant and the other grant opportunities?
No. An applicant must choose one of the three funding streams: (1) Individuals/Collectives; 2) Transformative Justice; or 3) First-Time Grantees.
- Do individual artists need to apply with a fiscal sponsor?
No. Individual artists will apply as individuals and will not need to apply with a fiscal sponsor.
- Do collectives need to apply with a fiscal sponsor?
Yes. Collectives need to apply with a fiscal sponsor. Fiscal sponsor guidelines can be found at this link: https://pittsburghfoundation.org/fiscalsponsor.
- Will grantees be awarded the total grant amount?
The review panel will make funding recommendations to the Foundations based on the total number of grant dollars available. Some shifts in funding allocations between funding streams may occur, based on the competitiveness of applications in each funding stream. It is likely that the final awarded amount will the maximum or near the maximum amount noted in the funding stream.
- Are all funding streams practice-based?
Yes. All grants will be practice-based and are aimed at supporting the full scope of artistic work rather than one individual project of an artist or collective.
- If an artist has a specific project they are working on, should they include this project in the narrative?
Grants will be practice-based and are aimed at supporting the full scope of artistic work, rather than one individual project of an artist or collective. Applicants should include as much detail as possible to demonstrate the breadth of the artistic work. In some cases, artists may choose to describe examples of specific projects as examples of the full scope of work.
If you have any additional questions, please email us at arts [at] pghfdn.org (arts[at]pghfdn[dot]org).