McKeesport Community Fund
The McKeesport Community Fund of The Pittsburgh Foundation was established in 2017 by PurePenn LLC as part of PurePenn’s commitment to fostering the well-being of the community and giving a portion of revenue back to the community to support revitalization. The McKeesport Community Fund will provide monetary resources for residents and stakeholders in order to improve their neighborhoods and schools as they deem fit through education and job training; at-risk and special needs youth; projects to improve infrastructure, removing blight, affordable housing; legal services; local entrepreneurship and economic development; drug treatment and sober living; and healthcare assistance. PurePenn anticipates donating approximately $50,000 annually to McKeesport community organizations through strategic grantmaking.
- Applicants must be an incorporated 501(c)(3) organization operating in the City of McKeesport or have a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) organization operating in the City of McKeesport.
- Grant requests must align with McKeesport Community Fund’s mission to support eligible organizations that focus on education and job training; at-risk and special needs youth; projects to improve infrastructure, removing blight, affordable housing; legal services; local entrepreneurship and economic development; drug treatment and sober living; and healthcare assistance in the City of McKeesport.
- The McKeesport Community Fund primarily supports organizations with budgets of $250,000 or less. Organizations with budgets greater than $250,000 may be considered, however highest priority will be given to organizations with smaller budgets.
- Preference will be given to organizations that:
- Directly support youth and/or their families, and;
- Demonstrate the McKeesport Community Fund Committee’s core values of: building a community together, providing opportunity and life experiences and strong relationships.
Application Deadlines: 1st day of February, April, June, August, October and December
All online applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on the 1st of every deadline month and paper applications must be received by PurePenn’s Community Liaison, Marsha Turner, by 5 p.m. on the application deadline dates.
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed by the McKeesport Community Fund selection committee six times a year (February, April, June, August, October and December) and organizations will be notified of approved funding requests within two months of their application date. The maximum request amount is $4,000. Please either apply online or Download the application to complete it offline.
To apply offline: Download the PDF application
Mail offline applications to:
McKeesport Community Fund c/o PurePenn LLC
511 Industry Road
McKeesport, PA 15132
Attn: Marsha Turner
For more information, please contact:
The Pittsburgh Foundation
Five PPG Place, Suite 250
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Type of Fund