ABAP applications due
Monday, May 2, 2022 11:59 pm
Advancing Black Arts in Pittsburgh applications due: May 2, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
Advancing Black Arts in Pittsburgh is a joint grant-making program created and managed through a partnership between The Pittsburgh Foundation and The Heinz Endowments. The program is committed to helping create a vibrant cultural life in Pittsburgh and the region. Both foundations have made consistent investments in the initiative since 1988. In recent years, both foundations have codified their longstanding efforts toward equity into aspirational visions that seek to support the development of a more inclusively imagined future.
The program goals are to:
- Help build the careers and support the lives of individual artists.
- Increase the sustainability of cultural organizations that focus on Black arts.
- Build community awareness of the Black arts sector.
- Support efforts toward greater collaboration and the elimination of racial disparities within the larger arts sector.
- Prioritize the documentation and discussion of Black artists’ work and wellbeing as part of the region’s cultural health.
- Support work that directly addresses and calls for the eradication of systemic and structural racism that allows for disparities to exist.