#OneDay Critical Needs Alert: May 7
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
On Tuesday, May 7, 2019, from 8 a.m. to 11:59 p.m., The Pittsburgh Foundation will host a Critical Needs Alert online giving event to support basic needs and the safety net of essential human services in Allegheny and Westmoreland counties. #ONEDAY benefits nonprofits that provide direct service in five areas that will strengthen the safety net of essential human services:
- Child Care - Programs providing child care for infants and children up to age 6. (Those that provide only before- or after-school programming do not qualify.)
- Food and Nutrition - Organizations such as food pantries, food banks and soup kitchens that provide food to those who don’t have the ability to meet daily needs.
- Housing - Organizations providing direct shelter to individuals and families facing homelessness or other housing crises.
- Physical and Mental Health - Organizations providing clinical physical and mental health care.
- Transportation - Organizations with a core mission that includes providing transportation to those in need. (School programs that provide transportation to students from the core program do not qualify.)