Pittsburgh Foundation employees engage in advancing the organization's values and vision through employee-driven committees. All staff members are invited to participate in order to contribute to their continued learning and sharing knowledge with each other.
Racial Justice Committee
The Foundation’s Racial Justice Committee centers our organizational value of racial justice. The employee-led group works to enact fundamental systemic changes by eliminating policies, laws, practices, attitudes and cultural messages that reinforce differential outcomes by race. The committee promises to:
- Challenges unjust systems and end behaviors and processes rooted in white supremacy.
- Work collaboratively inside the Foundation and in our communities to ensure that policies, systems, actions, attitudes and practices are equitable and life-affirming.
- Learn continuously so that we can adopt best practices to reach the goal of racial equity in the Pittsburgh region.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility (DEIA) Committee
The DEIA Committee strives to represent the diversity of the communities served by the Foundation and to foster a more diverse, equitable and inclusive culture for employees. They work to create an inclusive, equitable, culturally competent and supportive environment where staff model behavior that enriches the workplace. The committee works to:
- Integrate best practices for diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility into policies and programs.
- Serve as an advisory body to the chief diversity, equity and inclusion officer and executive team.
- Provide research, recommendations, event support and policy guidance to Foundation leadership.