To be eligible for a general operating support grant, the applicant must:
- Have been in operation for at least two years.
- Have a mission and core programs consistent with one or more of our grant-making focus areas.
- Be able to report on the results achieved by its programs.
- Have an executive director or staff person in an equivalent leadership role that has been in place for at least 12 months.
- If the organization is undergoing a leadership transition, must demonstrate that there is a board-led transition plan that includes a defined strategy for interim leadership.
- Have an audit completed within the last two years (if applicable) and/or up-to-date financial records (current board-approved budget, balance sheet, profit and loss statement, etc.) that demonstrate sound financial management.
Applicants using a fiscal sponsor are not eligible to apply for operating support. Please review our fiscal sponsor guidelines for more information.