Jack R. Luskay Memorial Scholarship for Practicing or Prospective School Librarians The Jack Luskay Memorial Scholarship Fund for Practicing or Prospective School Librarians of The Pittsburgh Foundation was created for a practicing or prospective school librarian. The monies are to be used for transportation, registration fee, membership dues, and hotel/meal expenses for the Pennsylvania School Librarians Association conference, held annually.
Average Award: $500
Award Type: Single-Year Award
Application Period Closes: 2023-24 applications will be available in January.
- Reside in Pennsylvania for at least one year.
- Plan to attend the Pennsylvania School Librarians Association conference, held annually.
- Be a practicing or prospective school librarian enrolled in a school library certification program in the State of Pennsylvania.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit one letter of reference from an individual not related to you, preferably a professional reference. The letter should address 1) The applicant’s general ability; 2) Appraisal of the applicant’s professional ability with examples.
- Submit proof of financial need, either personally by uploading the most recent 1040 with your social security number removed or for the district/organization employed by attaching a signed letter by the district or organization head denoting financial need .