I Can Change My Life Scholarship Fund The I Can Change My Life Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships for high school seniors at McKeesport High School.
Average Award: $1,000
Award Type: Single-Year
Application Period Opens: 11/15/2021
Application Period Closes: 3/31/2022
- Attend McKeesport High School as a graduating senior.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or have shown great progress in the junior and senior years.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have a parent who is currently or was formerly incarcerated and/or those who are first generation college students.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of recommendation: one from a teacher of a major subject (English, Math, Science, History), and one from a person who knows the applicant well (teacher, coach, religious leaders, Boy/Girl Scout troop leader, or employer) and can speak to the applicant’s general ability. They will need to provide a general appraisal of the applicant giving details in the form of examples with regard to: citizenship, concern for others, responsibility, perseverance, dedication, relation to others, and other qualities that most commend them.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.