Thomas M. Colella & Florence M. Colella Scholarship Fund The Thomas M. Colella & Florence M. Colella Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide a full tuition, multi-year scholarship for a student from Western Pennsylvania, specifically for a student entering Grove City college for undergraduate studies. The award is a “last-dollar award,” which means the funding released each year will take into account any additional public funding, grants or scholarships for which the student is eligible in that given year.
Average Award: full tuition, multi-year scholarship. The award is a “last-dollar award” and funds will be released taking the existing financial aid package into consideration.
Award Type: Multi-Year (up to 4 years). Recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25 and degree enrollment at Grove City College.
Application Period Closes: 2023-24 applications will be available in January.
- Attend high school as a graduating senior in Western Pennsylvania.
- Reside in Western Pennsylvania.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25, or have shown great progress in the junior and senior years.
- Plan to attend Grove City College.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference: one from a teacher of a major subject (English, Math, Science, History), and one from someone who knows the applicant well (teacher, coach, religious leaders, Boy/Girl Scout troop leader, or employer) and can speak to the applicant’s general ability.