Allegheny County Airport Authority Charitable Foundation Scholarship Fund The Allegheny County Airport Authority Charitable Foundation Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships for a student or students wishing to pursue a career in aviation.
Average Award: Varies
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years provided they maintain their degree program and a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Reside in Allegheny County, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Washington, or Westmoreland County.
- Pursue a degree or studies in aviation science.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or have shown great progress in the junior and senior years of high school.
- Plan to attend an accredited institution for aviation science.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have served or are currently serving in the United States military.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference: one from a teacher of a major subject (English, Math, Science, History), and one from some one who knows the applicant well (teacher, coach, religious leaders, Boy/Girl Scout troop leader, or employer) and can speak to the applicant’s general ability.