Professional Nurses of Southwestern PA Scholarship Fund Professional Nurses of South Western PA Scholarship Fund was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation to continue one of the purposes of its former group, District #6 Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, founded in 1925. That purpose is to be a strong supporter of nursing education. Their commitment is to continue offering scholarships at every level to nursing students residing in nine counties of southwestern Pennsylvania. This association has evolved into a group of nurses who want to pass the “lamp of nursing” to worthy recipients who display qualities of outstanding service and leadership that have been present in this group from its beginnings.
Average Award: Varies
Award Type: Single Year Award. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
Application Period Opens: 11/15/2021
Application Period Closes: 3/31/2022
- Attend a State Board of Nursing approved school of professional nursing seeking a Pre-Licensure (RN or BSN) or RN to BSN and have completed one (1) semester of instruction in their basic nursing program. For Masters or Doctoral applicants: Must be enrolled in a State Board of Nursing approved school of professional nursing.
- Reside in one of the nine counties compromising the Southwestern PA: Allegheny County, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Green, Lawrence, Washington and Westmoreland as a permanent resident.
- Pursue a degree or studies in a Pre-Licensure R.N or B.S.N; or enrolled in a Master’s Program; or a PhD program; or a DNP program.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit two letters of reference from nursing faculty members.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.
- Submit proof of your RN license number and state if you are an applicant with an RN.