Professional Nurses of Southwestern PA Scholarship Fund Professional Nurses of Southwestern PA Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation by the Professional Nurses of Southwestern PA, formerly District #6 Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, to provide scholarships for nursing students of all levels living within the nine counties of Southwestern PA.
Average Award: Varies
Award Type: Single Year Award. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
- Attend a State Board of Nursing approved school of professional nursing seeking a Pre-Licensure R.N or B.S.N; or enrolled in a Master’s Program; or a PhD program; or a DNP program.
- Reside in one of the nine counties compromising the Southwestern PA: Allegheny County, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Green, Lawrence, Washington and Westmoreland.
- Pursue a degree or studies in a Pre-Licensure R.N or B.S.N; or enrolled in a Master’s Program; or a PhD program; or a DNP program.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit two letters of reference from faculty members.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.
- Submit proof of your RN license if you are an applicant with an RN.