Western Pennsylvania Scholarship Fund for Higher Education The Western Pennsylvania Scholarship Fund for Higher Education was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships for graduating high school seniors residing in Allegheny County who are planning on attending a 4-year college or university.
Average Award: $5,000
Award Type: Multi-Year (up to 4 years).
Application Period Opens: 1/17/2024
Application Period Closes: 4/1/2024
- Attend high school as a graduating senior.
- Reside in in Allegheny County.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- Plan to attend a 4-year college or university in Pennsylvania.
- Be Pell eligible as determined by the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your FAFSA Submission Summary (FSS). If you have not already received your FSS, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of reference from an individual unrelated to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.