Western Pennsylvania Scholarship Fund for Higher Education The Western Pennsylvania Scholarship Fund for Higher Education was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships for graduating high school seniors of Western Pennsylvania (Allegheny and the 6 surrounding counties) who are planning on attending a 4-year college or university.
Average Award: $5,000
Award Type: Single-Year Award
- Attend high school as a graduating senior.
- Reside in in Allegheny County, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Washington, Westmoreland or Fayette County.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Plan to attend a 4-year college or university in Pennsylvania.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference from individuals unrelated to you.