William J. Wolf Memorial Scholarship Fund The William J. Wolf Memorial Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation by a bequest from William J. Wolf, founder and president of General Cleaning Company. Although Mr. Wolf completed high school, he did not have the means to attend college, which he regretted. Through the establishment of this fund, he is able to give back in perpetuity to the Pittsburgh community that he and his wife, Elizabeth, loved, and to the Lutheran religion which they supported during their lifetimes. This scholarship is to assist with the college or graduate level education of students of Lutheran denomination.
Average Award: of $17,000 Over 4 Years
Award Type: Multi-Year Award (up to 5 years if a requirement of the degree program). Recipients must maintain degree status.
- Attend an institution of higher education as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Reside in Allegheny County, PA but may attend school outside of Allegheny County.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Plan to attend a 2-or 4-year college or university or a graduate program.
- Be a member of the Lutheran denomination.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference: one from a faculty member and one from your pastor.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.