George and Dorothy Knedler Scholarship Fund The George and Dorothy Knedler Scholarship Fund was established in 1995 at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships to graduating high school seniors who are dependents of full-time and part-time benefited BNY Mellon employees. George and Dorothy Knedler were long-time employees at Mellon. George was an employee for 45 years, starting as an 18-year old messenger and advanced throughout the Corporation, retiring as an assistant vice president and operations officer. He also served in the U.S. Army Air Corps in WWII and received the Air Medal and the Purple Heart. A resident of Shaler Township, George died at age 71 on December 14, 1993, eight years after retiring from Mellon.
2023 award budget is approximately $82,400
Award Type: Multi-Year (up to 4 years). Recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
Application Period Opens: 1/17/2023
Application Period Closes: 3/30/2023
You are now leaving The Pittsburgh Foundation website and entering Scholarship America’s website where the specific fund you are applying to will be included within a combined application offering additional scholarship opportunities.
- Attend high school as a graduating senior.
- Reside in Allegheny County, PA for at least one year prior to date of application.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Plan to attend a 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be dependents of full-time and part-time benefited BNY Mellon employees whose salary is below the median level as determined by BNY Mellon.
How to Apply
- Click the button on this page and follow the instructions from Scholarship America. (This page will show the button when the application period is open.)