George and Dorothy Knedler Scholarship Fund The George and Dorothy Knedler Scholarship Fund was established in 1995 at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships to graduating high school seniors who are dependents of full-time and part-time benefited BNY Mellon employees. George and Dorothy Knedler were long-time employees at Mellon. George was an employee for 45 years, starting as an 18-year old messenger and advanced throughout the Corporation, retiring as an assistant vice president and operations officer. He also served in the U.S. Army Air Corps in WWII and received the Air Medal and the Purple Heart. A resident of Shaler Township, George died at age 71 on December 14, 1993, eight years after retiring from Mellon.
Average Award: Varies Up To $20,000 Over 4 Years
Award Type: Multi-Year (up to 4 years). Recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Attend high school as a graduating senior.
- Reside in Allegheny County, PA for at least one year prior to date of application.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Plan to attend a 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be dependents of full-time and part-time benefited BNY Mellon employees whose salary is below the median level as determined by BNY Mellon.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference from individuals unrelated to you.
- Submit proof of employment with BNY Mellon.