Nello Giammarco Memorial Scholarship Fund The Nello Giammarco Memorial Scholarship Fund was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation in 1999 in memory of Nello Giammarco, who taught in the Montour School District for 21 years. Nello was a generous person, an exceptional worker, a dedicated teacher, an enthusiastic baseball coach and a good friend to many. This scholarship keeps alive his legacy by continuing his commitment to education and the positive impact he had on the lives of Montour students for years to come.
Average Award: $1,500
Award Type: Single-Year Award
- Attend Montour High School as a graduating senior.
- Have demonstrated good work ethics through volunteerism, helping others, academic achievement and holding a paid position.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university within the United States.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of reference from an individual who is not related to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.