Nello Giammarco Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Nello Giammarco Memorial Scholarship Fund of The Pittsburgh Foundation was established in 1999 in memory of Nello Giammarco, who taught in the Montour School District for 21 years. A generous person, an exceptional worker, a dedicated teacher, an enthusiastic baseball coach and a good friend, are just a few words to describe Nello Giammarco. This scholarship was established to keep the legacy of Mr. Giammarco alive by continuing his commitment to education and the positive impact he had on the lives of Montour students for many generations to come.
Since 1999, the scholarship fund has awarded approximately $60,000 to Montour students to further their education. An average scholarship amount of $1,500-$3,500 will be available for one or more scholarship recipients. The Nello Giammarco Scholarship Committee will review each application and give consideration to all qualified applicants and may distribute the scholarship award to several deserving students.
Average Award: $1,500-$3,000
Award Type: Single-Year Award
- Attend Montour High School as a graduating senior.
- Have demonstrated good work ethic through volunteerism, community service, school activities, academic achievement and, if possible, holding a paid position.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university within the United States.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of reference from an individual who is not related to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.