Joseph F. Mulach, Jr. and Louisa A. Mulach Scholarship Fund The Joseph F. Mulach, Jr. and Louisa A. Mulach Scholarship Fund of The Pittsburgh Foundation was created to provide scholarships to students in the field of biological sciences, chemistry, mathematics, or physics. Students enrolled in the University of Pittsburgh School of Public Health involved with genetic research are also eligible for the scholarships.
Average Award: $2,000
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
- Attend Carlow University, Carnegie Mellon University, Chatham University, Seton Hill University, or the University of Pittsburgh as a current undergraduate or graduate student.
- Pursue a degree or studies in biological sciences, chemistry, mathematics, physics or genetic research.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Preference will be given to qualified female students.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of academic reference.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.