Irene S. and Harry Louik College Scholarship Fund The Irene S. and Harry Louik College Scholarship Fund was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation in honor of the 90th birthday of Irene S. Louik on July 25, 2001 as well as the 65th wedding anniversary of Irene S. and Harry Louik on December 20, 2001. The purpose of this fund is to help build future audiences for the performing arts by supporting students who plan to become involved in some way with any of the classical style or modern day performing arts. This includes but is not limited to becoming involved in arts education, performance, production support and/or arts management.
Average Award: Varies
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years provided they maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Application Period Opens: 1/17/2024
Application Period Closes: 4/1/2024
- Attend a four-year college or university as a rising, full-time, junior or senior undergraduate student in the Greater Pittsburgh region. Applicant should be a good student who demonstrates pride in educational accomplishments.
- Graduated from an Allegheny County, PA, high school.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to building audiences for the performing arts.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be someone with special aptitude, ability, achievement or interest in one or more of the performing arts.
- Preference will be given to someone who has also displayed an appreciation of the world outside of the performing arts.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your FAFSA Submission Summary (FSS). If you have not already received your FSS, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of reference from someone who is not related to you.
- Submit a list of performing arts activities in which you have participated over the past several years.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.