The Virginia E. Lewis Scholarship Fund The Virginia E. Lewis Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation from a bequest of Miss Lewis, who spent her life as an art historian, a curator, and a professor of fine arts. Miss Lewis was the first director of The Frick Art Museum and served in that capacity from 1970 to 1984. Scholarships are to deserving undergraduate students having declared a major in Art or Art History.
Average Award: $4,300
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
Application Period Closes: This scholarship is part of our spring application period, which will close on May 16 at 4pm EST.
- Attend an institution of higher education as a rising undergraduate sophomore, junior or senior student.
- Reside in Allegheny County, PA.
- Pursue a degree or studies in art or art history.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Plan to attend a 2-or 4-year college or university in the United States.
How to Apply
- Click the button on this page and follow the instructions from Scholarship America. (This page will show the button when the application period is open.)