Terry R. Marolt Memorial Scholarship Fund The Terry R. Marolt Memorial Scholarship was established at The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County to provide scholarships for graduating seniors of Ligonier Valley High School. Terry served the people of Ligonier Valley throughout his adult life, first as a member of the New Florence Borough Council, then as the District Magistrate for the Ligonier Valley and as a Westmoreland County Commissioner. He was also very active in supporting many community organizations such as local fire departments, emergency medical services and recreational organizations for the Ligonier Valley. A 1963 Graduate of Laurel Valley High School, Terry also spent many years announcing football games at both high schools. He was a dedicated and caring public servant; thus, this scholarship will continue his legacy of service to the people and the valley he loved. Students receiving this award will be aware of their social responsibility for their community and school, have the highest integrity and character and have a love and concern for all people.
Average Award: $1,500
Award Type: Single-Year Award
- Attend Ligonier Valley High School as a graduating senior.
- Reside in Westmoreland County.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.