Westmoreland Walks Pink Ribbon Scholarship Fund The Westmoreland Walks, Inc. Pink Ribbon Scholarship Fund was established at The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County to provide financial support to a graduating senior of a Westmoreland County high school whose life and/or family has been impacted by breast cancer. (Immediate family members of any person serving on the Ligonier Valley Endowment Board of Governers are ineligible for this scholarship.)
Average Award: $2,000
Award Type: Single-Year Award
Application Period Opens: 1/17/2024
Application Period Closes: 3/15/2024
- Attend high school as a graduating senior at/in: Belle Vernon High School, Burrell High School, Derry Area High School, Franklin Regional High School, Greater Latrobe High School, Greensburg Salem High School, Hempfield Area High School, Jeannette City High School, Kiski Area High School, Ligonier Valley High School, Monessen City High School, Mount Pleasant Area High School, New Kensington-Arnold High School, Norwin High School, Penn-Trafford High School, Southermoreland High School, Yough High School.
- Reside in Westmoreland County.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be involved in fundraising or support for breast cancer charities.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your FAFSA Submission Summary (FSS). If you have not already received your FSS, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of reference from someone who is not related to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.