William and Muriel Reynolds Moreland Scholarship Fund The William and Muriel Reynolds Moreland Scholarship was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation to honor William H. Moreland and Muriel Reynolds Moreland in appreciation of their lifetime commitment to the citizens of the Borough of Dormont, Pennsylvania. This scholarship supports graduating seniors who are residents of Dormont Borough and are continuing their education in a post secondary accredited program. Applicants should demonstrate service to others through their school, church and community.
Average Award: $1,000
Award Type: Single-Year Award
- Attend high school as a graduating senior.
- Reside in Dormont Borough, PA.
- Have demonstrated volunteer or community service related experience.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Plan to attend a 2-or 4-year college or university.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of reference from a faculty member who can attest to your character and community service efforts.
- Submit proof of residence and citizenship.