Jennifer A. Morgan Memorial Scholarship Fund The Jennifer A. Morgan Memorial Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships to graduating seniors who are pursuing a degree in nursing or health related professions. The scholarship will be awarded to an individual who has demonstrated sound academic achievement throughout high school, participated in a variety of school and community activities, and demonstrated an ability to succeed in their educational goals. The review committee will look for evidence of volunteerism and passion for helping others. This scholarship was named after Jennifer Morgan, who graduated from Baldwin High School in 1973. Jenny trained to become a registered nurse at the Community College of Allegheny County, graduating in 1984. She worked in Labor and Delivery at several local hospitals, and later became a case manager and utilization specialist in the health care field. She excelled in her field and was loved by colleagues and patients alike. Both at work and in her community of Whitehall and later Bethel Park, Jenny lived a life of servitude to others. Although not a smoker, Jenny was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2009 and lost her courageous battle on May 28, 2011. Her husband, James, established this scholarship in her name. The hope is that it will be granted to individuals who most closely emulate the spirit of Jenny by demonstrating similar character traits of selflessness, compassion, and dedication to the wellness of others.
Average Award: $1,000
Award Type: Single-Year Award
- Attend Baldwin or Bethel Park High School as a graduating senior.
- Reside in the United States.
- Pursue a degree or studies in nursing or health related fields.
- Have been accepted to a two or four year college or university.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Plan to attend a 2- or 4-year college or university.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit one letter of reference from an individual who is not related to you.
- Submit your SAT and/or ACT scores.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.