Marc Obniski Memorial Scholarship Fund The Marc Obniski Memorial Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships to graduates of Highlands High School to pursue engineering degrees. Marc Edward Obniski was born in Natrona Heights where he grew up with great pride in his Polish heritage. He was a graduate of Highlands High School and was a member of the swim team and marching band. He pursued his lifelong desire to be a civil engineer by receiving his degree from Case Western Reserve University, where he was a member of the Zeta Psi fraternity. Marc traveled and lived throughout the United States as he worked on many projects. He had a strong work ethic and was passionate about his career. Marc was a caring son and loyal friend who was known for his generosity. It is in memory of Marc's generous spirit that this memorial scholarship was established.
Average Award: $4,500
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
- Attend Highlands High School as a graduating senior or higher education as an undergraduate student who has graduated from Highlands High School.
- Graduated from Highlands High School.
- Pursue a degree or studies in stem fields (science, technology, engineering, mathematics).
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Plan to attend a 2-or 4-year college or university.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference from individuals not related to you.