Michael T. Abel Scholarship Fund The Michael T. Abel Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation in memory of Michael, to assist Free Church students who are entering an undergraduate program at either Grove City or Geneva College.
Average Award: Varies
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
- Attend high school as a graduating senior OR be an undergraduate student at Grove City College or Geneva College.
- Have some employment experience.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 for incoming freshman/ rising sophomores OR 3.0 for rising undergraduate juniors and senior.
- Plan to attend Grove City or Geneva College.
- Preference will be given to regular attendees and active participants in any of the Allegheny District Free Churches.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference (one from your Free Church pastor).
- Submit a statement which details your church affiliation and your involvement in activities.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.