Michael T. Abel Scholarship Fund The Michael T. Abel Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation in memory of Michael, to assist Free Church students who are entering an undergraduate program at either Grove City or Geneva College.
Average Award: Varies
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
- Attend high school as a graduating senior OR be an undergraduate student at Grove City College or Geneva College.
- Have some employment experience.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 for incoming freshman/ rising sophomores OR 3.0 for rising undergraduate juniors and senior.
- Plan to attend Grove City or Geneva College.
- Be a student who attends and is active in their local church.
- Preference will be given to those who are affiliated with an Allegheny District Free Church.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference. one should be from either your pastor, youth pastor or youth leader. (Due to the COVID-19 school closures, this is now OPTIONAL.)