Westmoreland County Housing Authority Scholarship Fund The Westmoreland County Housing Authority Scholarship Fund was created at The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County, a component of The Pittsburgh Foundation, to encourage higher education and as a result, promote community responsibility, develop self-sufficiency and increase self-esteem. WCHA Scholarships are to benefit high school seniors and adults entering secondary education who reside in Westmoreland County Housing Authority public housing, Westmoreland Non Profit Housing Corporation housing or participate in the Section 8 Program and wish to continue their education.
Average Award: $5,000
Award Type: Single-Year Award
Application Period Opens: 1/17/2024
Application Period Closes: 3/15/2024
- Attend high school as a graduating senior OR attend an institution of higher education. Traditional students must be full-time students while non-traditional students may be part-time if they are working adults.
- Reside in Westmoreland County, PA.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be a Westmoreland County Housing Authority Public Housing, Westmoreland Non Profit Housing Corporation or Section 8 tenant for 12 months prior to application deadline and be a household member listed on the lease at time of application and award.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your FAFSA Submission Summary (FSS). If you have not already received your FSS, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.
- Submit proof of residency at WCHA Public Housing or Section 8.