Carol A. Brown Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Carol A. Brown Memorial Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships for current students of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
Average Award: $3,000
Award Type: Single Year. Previous recipients are encouraged to re-apply in consecutive years.
- Attend Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University as a full-time undergraduate student who has completed the sophomore year OR as a full-time graduate student.
- Pursue a degree or studies in elementary education.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 maintained each semester.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference: one from a current or previous employer and the other from an academic advisor.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.
The Pittsburgh Foundation: Jennifer Marino, Scholarship Coordinator - marinoj [at] pghfdn.org