Vandeventer Scholarship Fund The Vandeventer Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation by Robert L. Feller (Linden class of 1936) and Ruth M. Johnston-Feller in honor of Mr. Feller’s aunt and uncle, Mr. John Marshall and Catherine Buckelew Vandeventer. This scholarship is to be used for graduating seniors of Linden High School in Linden, New Jersey. Mr. and Mrs.Vandeventer lived on Ainsworth Street across from the high school and three blocks from Mr. Feller’s boyhood home.
Average Award: $1,500
Award Type: Single-Year Award
- Attend Linden High School in Linden, New Jersey as a graduating senior.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be a student who has been a part of the Linden School System for more than 5 years to be considered eligible. The guidance office will determine this status.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of reference from someone unrelated to you.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.