Barbara A. Walter Scholarship Fund The Barbara A. Walter Scholarship Fund of The Pittsburgh Foundation was created to provide scholarships to students enrolled in the University of Pittsburgh's School of Medicine who have residence in Allegheny, Washington or Westmoreland counties.
Average Award: $8,000 Over 4 Years
Award Type: Multi-Year (up to 4 years). Recipients must maintain enrollment at the University of Pittsburgh's School of Medicine.
Deadline: Inquire in the school's Financial Aid Office
- Attend the University of Pittsburgh's School of Medicine.
- Reside in Allegheny, Washington or Westmoreland Counties of Pennsylvania.
- Pursue a degree or studies in medicine with a focus on oncology.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Preference will be given to students engaged in medical research.
How to Apply
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.