Starwood Scholarship Fund The Starwood Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide needs based scholarships for graduating seniors from Butler High School and Knoch High School having a GPA of 2.5 – 3.5 and attending an accredited four year college or university or an accredited two year technical/trade institution.
Average Award: $20,000 Over 4 Years
Award Type: Multi-Year Award (up to 4 years). Recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and full-time enrollment.
- Attend Butler High School or Knoch High School as a graduating senior.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA between 2.5 and 3.5.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be willing to participate in an interview as part of the application process.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference from individuals not related to you.
- Submit a summary of work and/or volunteer experience.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.
The Butler High School Guidance Office or the Knoch High School Guidance Office.