Elora's H.O.P.E Scholarship Fund
The Elora’s H.O.P.E. Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in Special Education who plan to teach. In April 2006, Elora, a 7th grader in the North Allegheny school district, lost her life after a courageous battle with Leukemia. Though she had a variety of special needs, Elora loved 5K races. She would arrive long after everyone had crossed the finish line – but that never stopped her from encouraging others along the way. Elora brought out the best in others and Elora’s H.O.P.E. wants to continue Helping Others to Persevere and Endure.
Average Award $1,000
- Attend Slippery Rock University, University of Pittsburgh, Chatham University, Duquesne University or LaRoche College as a junior or senior in a baccalaureate program OR be enrolled in a graduate program in Special Education.
- Reside in Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Washington or Westmoreland County in PA.
- Pursue a degree or studies in special education with the intention of teaching.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Be able to appear in person for an interview with the Scholarship Committee, if requested.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your unofficial high school and/or college transcripts.
The Pittsburgh Foundation: Jennifer Marino, Scholarship Coordinator - marinoj [at] pghfdn.org