Vivetta G. Petronio Scholarship Fund The Vivetta G. Petronio Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation by Gail Gerono in honor of honor of Vivetta G. Petronio, a French professor at Mercyhurst University who had a positive impact on Gail’s college experience and her life. In honor of Professor Petronio, this fund will provide scholarships for full-time students enrolled at Mercyhurst University who are studying abroad in their sophomore, junior or senior year.
Average Award: $4,000
Award Type: Single Year Award. Previous recipients of this scholarship may not re-apply.
- Attend Mercyhurst University as a full-time undergraduate student as a rising sophomore, junior or senior.
- Have plans to study abroad in a country where French is the main or secondary language (not including Canadian French) and immerse themselves in the language through a university sanctioned program. The program may be for university credit, an internship, self-directed/designed language immersion, etc. Programs may be any length of time (four-week minimum) during the up and coming academic year and must be billed through the university.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a French professor.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.