Vivetta G. Petronio Scholarship Fund The Vivetta G. Petronio Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation by Gail Gerono in honor of honor of Vivetta G. Petronio, a French professor at Mercyhurst University who had a positive impact on her students' college experiences and their lives. In honor of Professor Petronio, this fund will provide scholarships for full-time students enrolled at Mercyhurst University who are studying abroad in France in their sophomore, junior or senior year.
Average Award: $4,000
Award Type: Single Year Award. Previous recipients of this scholarship may not re-apply.
- Attend Mercyhurst University as a full-time undergraduate student as a rising sophomore, junior or senior.
- Pursue a degree or studies in French (major or minor) and seek to expand French language education.
- Have plans to study abroad in France for one academic term (16 weeks) during the up and coming academic year.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a French professor.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.