Economic Opportunity Scholarship in Trade and Apprenticeship The Economic Opportunity Scholarship in Trade and Apprenticeship Scholarship Fund was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships for residents, ages 18 to 25, of Western Pennsylvania (Allegheny and the 6 surrounding counties) who are pursuing completion of a program at a trade school.
Average Award: $5,000
Award Type: Single-Year Award
- Attend or plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-year college for a terminal degree in Pennsylvania.
- Reside in in Allegheny County, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Washington, Westmoreland or Fayette County.
- Pursue a degree or studies in a traditional or modern trade.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference from individuals unrelated to you.